aa016 - January 2015 - "Mission XVI" - "Operation Miskito Guardians"
Areas of Operation:Donate Now!
- Puerto Cabezas, Nicaragua
- Northeastern Riverine Border Villages
- Mission Officer in Command (MOIC): Hirsch
- 2nd MOIC: Sircar
- Prevelige, PA-C
- Martin, RN
- Conduct a 200km River Reconnaissance of the river border region with Honduras to assess remote Miskito Indian village locations.
- Assess viability of current and potential airstrips for fixed wing medevac, team insertion and supply flights.
- Utilization of GPS mapping to determine airstrip field length and dimensions.
- Assess current state of the villages and specific needs.
- Develop plans to complete development of a 2,000 foot airstrip in the remote village of Raiti.
- Establish a relationship with the Verbo Community in Puerto Cabezas as a base of operations for future mission deployments
- Risk Assessment of the public hospital in Puerto Cabezas.
- Inventory of medical equipment and supply items to assist the hospital medical teams.
- All objectives accomplished.