AA008 - November 2012 - "Operation Jersey Shore Airlift" - 8th Team Mission with Emergent Deployment of aircraft to the New Jersey Shore following the devastation of Hurricane/SuperStorm Sandy
Areas of Operation: Flight to N12 Airport, Lakewood, New Jersey with ground transport to Point Pleasant, Brick and Tom's River townships on the Jersey Shore.Donate Now!
- Rapid mobilization of aircraft resources and donated supplies to aid those in extreme need in the Jersey
- Shore region hardest hit by Hurricane/SuperStorm Sandy.
- Engagement of regional support to strengthen team response to the situation of need
- Rapid delivery of emergency supplies to the National Guard Point Of Distribution (POD) in Point Pleasant to aid families in need of food and basic supplies
- Use of aviation assets to bypass the obstacles and impediments of ground transport in the New Jersey region secondary to the lack of fuel and obstructed roadways.
- Utilization of ground personnel in the affected areas to coordinate supply delivery and local transport to the POD
- Coordination with military, EMS and law enforcement incident command to ensure effective delivery of supplies as per the identified needs of those affected by the state of disaster.
- All Objectives Met
- Second domestic U.S. disaster response mission for ARCHANGEL AIRBORNE completed
- Over 1,000 pounds of emergency supplies delivered